03 Jul Why is Barracuda Networks XDR the next step in your Cybersecurity journey?
As cyber threats continue to evolve, organizations must continually adapt and improve their security measures. to stay ahead of potential attacks. Meet Extended Detection and Response (XDR), an approach to cybersecurity that has quickly become essential for protecting valuable data and systems. In this blog post, we explore what XDR is, why it is important and how it is transforming the cybersecurity landscape.
XDR – The next level in Cybersecurity
XDR is not entirely a new technology or out-of-the-box innovation. Rather it is a new approach combining old knowledge and systems into a more robust solution in what is now a changed world. It draws from the learnings on cloud-native Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Network Detection and Response (NDR) technologies, which are considered to have reached feature-maturity over the last decade. XDR integrates them and proceeds to combine big data cloud storage, analytics and machine learning capability to provide a more centralized and comprehensive approach to security.
XDR takes off from where EDR ends. Once the cornerstone of threat detection, its limitations lay in the fact that it could only detect and respond to threats within managed endpoints (like laptops), thereby severely restricting the effectiveness of the SOC (Service Operating Center).
XDR, its successor, goes further. It eliminates false positives, ensures detection and response adopting a multi-level approach, and extends the range of EDR using latest technologies to correlate threat possibilities. Going further it deploys analytics, automation and artificial intelligence to pinpoint attacks well before they occur, and then suggest ways to neutralize them.
What is Barracuda Managed XDR?
Barracuda Networks Managed XDR is an open XDR that combines sophisticated technologies with a team of security analysts in our Security Operations Center (SOC). The Barracuda Managed XDR platform analyzes billions of raw events daily from 40+ integrated data sources, and together with our extensive threat detection rules that map to the MITRE ATT&CK® framework, we can detect threats faster and reduce response time.
Barracuda XDR multilayered security family
- XDR Endpoint Security – Unifies and extends detection and responsiveness to endpoints, protecting them from common endpoint threats, including malware and ransomware.
- XDR Email Security – Comprehensive protection for email, including gateway protection, account compromise and more, to minimize the impact of an attack on your customers’ email environment.
- XDR Cloud Security – Secure your customers’ cloud environments against unauthorized access to cloud mailboxes, admin changes to the environment, impossible logins and brute force attacks.
- XDR Network Security – Detect potential threat activity on your network such as command-and-control connections, denial-of-service attacks, data exfiltration and reconnaissance.
- XDR Server Security – Protect your customers’ critical servers from attacks such as password sprays, brute force attacks and privilege escalation.
Interested in a consultation by a Barracuda Networks expert? Click here for more info!