03 Nov ExtremeCloud IQ CoPilot: Time waits for no one
Setting up and managing an Extreme cloud managed network is easy. What is not easy for many IT Operations teams is dealing with all the other time-consuming tasks on their plates in an era of increasing network transformation. Their long to-do list may include onboarding employees, adapting their network for hybrid work, patch management and responding to trouble tickets, among a long list of other tasks. The pace and scope of network changes only increases as organizations transform into infinite enterprises. Sometimes IT teams feel like they have to be everywhere at once.
We are pleased to announce that ExtremeCloud IQ CoPilot was successfully rolled out to customer networks this week and is now available. Leveraging large cloud data sets and Explainable Machine Learning, CoPilot enables IT teams to be everywhere, see everything and be prepared for anything.
- Anomaly Detection – Proactively resolve problems before they occur by monitoring machine-learned performance thresholds of Extreme cloud-managed wired and wireless devices.
- Digital Twin – Ensure minimal network disruption prior to deployment by creating a simulated version of your Extreme device, staging it and validating it in the cloud.
- Explainable ML – Dramatically reduce Mean Time to Resolution for IT Operations teams with manageable troubleshooting recommendations.
- Client Experience – Optimize user experiences by modeling all key steps in client connectivity and performing root cause analysis of degraded client experience faster.
- GTAC Case Creation – Streamline IT Operations workflows by efficiently engaging directly with Extreme support for vexing issues.
- Mobile app integration – See everything instantly by monitoring CoPilot anomalies directly on your cell phone via the ExtremeCloud IQ Companion mobile app.
And because CoPilot is built and designed in the cloud, its capabilities will expand over time to continually improve the efficiency of IT Operations.
Helping network teams
While the potential use cases for CoPilot are numerous, we are excited about the problems it has been able to solve for our customers.
An Extreme Higher Education customer recently suffered from an inconsistent wireless experience in their auditorium. IT staff initially found it challenging to replicate and troubleshoot. Should they go onsite to take RF environmental measurements? Should they wait a few weeks for the problem to reoccur?
Troubleshooting with a CoPilot
Using CoPilot, the IT team discovered an anomaly in Wi-Fi capacity caused by >80% channel usage with recurring spikes over a consistent length of time. CoPilot identified a high number of clients and was able to explain that the problems were likely due to Wi-Fi capacity limitations, which could either be resolved by adding more APs or repositioning APs for a better signal-to-noise ratio. By proactively becoming aware of the problem, IT was able to identify the problematic APs, reposition them, improve the signal-to-noise ratio and increase end-user performance, ultimately leading to a more seamless learning experience and avoiding costly on-site troubleshooting.
Transforming to an Infinite Enterprise
CoPilot plays a key role in simplifying the work of IT staff by providing a complete and unified portfolio of products and services for their Infinite Enterprise journey. ExtremeCloud IQ helps provide unified AIOps across Wired, Wireless and SD-WAN, and CoPilot is the ideal complement to any ExtremeCloud IQ deployment to efficiently deliver Explainable ML insights to Extreme cloud-native wired and wireless devices.
As organizations increasingly use big data and the cloud, it is important that data is anonymized and secured and that any AIOps platform is built on a secure foundation. As the industry’s most comprehensively certified cloud network management platform, IT teams can confidently leverage the cloud to improve the efficiency of network operations.