We use functional and statistical cookies to give you the best experience on our site. These cookies are the minimum required to make the website function properly. They map, completely anonymously, your usage for analysis and research purposes.
We do not use commercial cookies for recommendations or advertisements.
You can find out more about the cookies we use here.
Sophos Architect Training – Firewall | 08-10/05/2023
Mon 8 May, 2023 - Wed 10 May, 2023€2250
Sophos Certified Architect training consists of presentations and practical lab exercises to reinforce the taught content. Copies of the supporting documents for the course will be provided to each trainee. Due to the nature of delivery, and the varying experiences of the trainees, open discussion is encouraged during the training.
This technical training is intended for resellers and end-users that want to raise the level of their knowledge and expertise of Sophos XG Firewalls and become a Sophos XG v18 Certified Architect.
Prior to taking this training, you should:
- Have completed and passed the Sophos XG Firewall Certified Engineer course and any subsequent delta modules up to version 18
- A good understanding of IT Security
- Experience in configuring network security devices
- Experience with Windows networking and the ability to troubleshoot issues
On completion of this course, trainees will be able to
- Deploy XG Firewall in complex network environments
- Explain how XG Firewall processes traffic and use this information to inform the configuration
- Configure advanced networking and protection features
- Protect Web Appliances using the Web Server Protection
- Size hardware, virtual and Software XG Firewalls for a given set of requirements
- Complete PoC
- Recall important information from the Engineer Course
- Deployment modes
- Network Protection
- Web Server Protection
- Site-to-Site Connections
- Synchronized Security
- Remote Access
- High Availability
- Sizing and Troubleshooting
Each student will be provided with a pre-configured environment which simulates a company network with two sites, a head office and a branch office and contains Windows Servers, a Windows Desktop and three XG Firewalls.
To become a Sophos Certified Architect, trainees must take and pass an online assessment. The assessment tests their knowledge of both the presented and practical content. The pass mark for the assessment is 80% and is limited to 3 attempts. The exam voucher is included in the price of the training.
This is 3 days classroom-based training of which approximately 8 hours will be spent on the practical exercises.
The training can also be followed online. Please let us know if you so desire.
Cédric Dellisse, Certified Trainer | Kappa Data
Evaluation is a continuous process at Kappa Data so your feedback will be asked during the training. At the end of the training, you will also receive a full survey where you can add your feedback.
€2250 per person
Dear participant, further information with the access link for the online training will be sent to you 48 hours in advance.